The Observer Building was built in 1924 as the offices and print works for our local newspaper, the Hastings & St Leonards Observer. It was extended in the 1960s and adapted over the years, but largely survived in its original form. The newspaper moved out in 1985 and, despite since having 13 owners and being granted many planning permissions, it has been in a state of dereliction and decay for more than 30 years. Wonder Golf is a “meanwhile use project” of the Observer Building ground floor in advance of the building development works running from Jan 21 till March 2022, when the building will be finally restored to its original beauty, with many exciting uses for the various floors being planned.